Now that you understand that there are literally millions of people using social media you may question whether including it in your marketing strategy will do anything for your business. It is essential to keep up with the fast pace of change or you could risk becoming outdated and miss out on possible opportunities. A well designed social media campaign can bring a lot to your company.
Here are just some of the ways a good social media campaign will help your business:
- It will increase the brand awareness and visibility of your company. Social media is an excellent way to get your name in front of a lot of people. You control the content so you can tell your story and get the word out about your business or organization.
- It will bring in potential clients or customers. Social media can be used to bring people to your website where you can capture their contact information or lead them to a purchase portal.
- It will allow you to quickly and easily make announcements. Do you have a new product you want to introduce to potential customers? Or maybe you made an exciting new hire. Social media can help you get the word out. Unquestionably a website is important but an announcement may not be seen in this key node of your business. Social media however will bring that announcement to everyone who follows your page.
- Social media allows people to talk about your business. Word of mouth is still important but someone having a great dinner at your restaurant may tell only 1 or 2 people about your place. With social media they can tell thousands of people about their experience with one simple post.
- Positive reviews will assure potential clients that yours is a company upon which they can rely, Online reviews are getting more and more important. Facebook, Yelp and Google+ allow people to review your company and their experiences.
- A social media presence ensures that you are not forgotten by your past clients. In the real estate world 90% of people that do not use a broker a second time do so because they have forgotten who actually was that broker. Staying in front of customers will remind them who you are and they are more likely to remember you when they are ready to do business again.
- Your social media pages will show up in search results. There is nothing better than having someone search online and find your business. It costs nothing and can bring in potential clients. Having a Facebook and Google+ page will increase your odds of showing up in search results.
And here are some of the ways that the lack of a social media campaign will hurt you:
- People use social media to investigate a business. Nearly 67% of people in the U.S. use social media to find out more about a business. What do you think will happen if they look for you and find nothing or find a page with almost no posts? Many will go on to the next business.
- Facebook often is people’s first contact with a business. 30% of Facebook users will check a company’s Facebook page before contacting that business. First impressions are very important and Facebook could be yours.
- Social media has become much like a college degree. Years ago a college degree set you apart from others and gave you an advantage. In today’s world with so many people with degrees you need one just to remain level. Social media has also become a must. A good campaign can get you ahead and a lack of one will almost certainly set you behind the competition.
We covered designing a successful social media campaign in an earlier post. You can put in the time and effort in-house or you can hire an effective social media company to handle it for you. This will depend on your time constraints; do you have the time to design and manage a social media campaign, and your desire to do it yourself or allow someone who has this area of expertise to run this aspect of your business. Either way the most important thing is to do it.